We compiled a list of frequently asked questions. We hope this makes hiring a professional organizer an easy process.
What is a professional organizer?
As defined by the National Association of Professional Organizers: A Professional Organizer enhances the lives of clients by designing systems and processes using organizing principles and through transferring organizing skills. A Professional Organizer also educates the public on organizing solutions and the resulting benefits bringing peace, balance and harmony to everyday living.
What are the benefits of being organized?
According to the National Association of Professional Organizers, research has shown that organized people earn more, are more likely to be promoted on a job, accomplish more, in part by wasting less time. The children of organized people perform better in school than others with the same IQ and been found to earn more as adults.
How do you know you need an organizer?
- If you are constantly late on bills
- If you feel like you don’t have enough free time for your family or for leisure activities
- If you constantly feel overwhelmed, confused, and uncomfortable about your space and you don’t know how or where to start
- If you are starting a home-based business and you need some help getting started
- If you are using your living room as a storage space, instead of using it as a living room
- If appliances have been left unfixed
- If the conditions of your home are making the simplest of routines difficult
- If you can’t find things and have to replace them
- If you feel like you could increase your productivity
Who do we help?
Everyone! You can be 8 years old to 108 years old. Organization is a tool that everyone can use.
Will a professional organizer make me throw all my “stuff” away?
Absolutely not! We ask you questions and help assist you in making those decisions based on your personal goals and needs. You, the client, are the final decision-maker as to what stays and what goes.
How will the process begin?
Due to the nature of our work, we recommend a consultation with our clients. This initial meeting is important so we can evaluate the space, discuss organizing concerns, and define goals. After the consultation, we will present an action plan based on requirements, priorities, time frame, and budget.
How long does the typical job take?
It depends on a few factors, such as the size of the space, density of contents, and time of decision-making. We don’t like to project the amount of time it will take until we see your space because situations vary. This is why we recommend a consultation.
Will my privacy be respected?
Of course! Privacy is an important possession to all of us. We are bound by NAPO’s Code of Ethics, so everything we do is confidential.
Do I have to participate in the organizing session?
Some clients prefer to work alongside with the professional organizer while others prefer to work on their own time with an action plan and direction provided by the professional organizer. This is a personal choice based on your budget and needs.
What are some results clients get from Tip Top Organizing, Inc.?
- Peace of Mind
What are some feelings clients overcome after using Tip Top Organizing, Inc.?
What are some of the disadvantages of being disorganized?
- Passing down poor organizing habits to your children
- Replacing things you have but can’t find when you need
- Late fees on bills, movies, and library books
- Missed tax deductions, payments, and rebates
- Misplacing your store credit
- Spoiled food
- Injuries & accidents
- Physical & mental health problems
- Missed opportunities and wasted time
Are you insured?
Yes! We make sure that everything you have is handled with care, but sometimes accidents do happen.
Where do I go from here?
Coming to this website was the first step. Reaching out and scheduling a consultation is the next. If you are inquiring about a family member or a friend, remember to respect their feelings.